A man has been arrested in Manchester over the Texas Synagogue attack.
Counter terrorism police arrested the man this morning in connection with the siege, they said in an update.
A man was also arrested in Birmingham and both of them remain in custody for questioning.
In an update issued this morning, GMP said: “Officers from Counter Terrorism Policing North West continue to support US authorities with their investigation into the events in Texas.
“As a result of this ongoing investigation, two men have been arrested this morning in Birmingham and Manchester.
“They remain in custody for questioning.
“CTP North West officers continue to liaise with and support colleagues from other forces.
“Communities Defeat Terrorism, and the help and support we get from the public is a vital part of that.
“So we would urge everyone to remain vigilant, and if you do see anything suspicious then please report it, in confidence, to police via the anti-terrorist hotline or gov.uk/ACT. It won’t ruin lives, but it may well save them.”
This comes after two teenagers were arrested in south Manchester in connection with the siege on Saturday.
Both have since been released without charge.
An address in North Manchester has also been searched as part of the CTP North West investigation.
The suspect, who died at the scene, was 44-year-old Malik Faisal Akram, originally from the Blackburn area of Lancashire.
He was previously investigation by MI5 in 2020, but was deemed not to be a credible threat to national security at the time, official sources confirmed to the PA news agency.
It is not yet clear how Akram, who had a criminal record in the UK, was able to travel to the US two weeks ago.
US officials believe Akram had a visa, arrived at John F Kennedy International Airport in New York and bought the handgun used in the incident.
US President Joe Biden branded the incident “an act of terror” and UK police are working with authorities in America on the investigation.