Dramatic footage shows former care home engulfed in flames and smoke after blaze breaks out

Dramatic footage reveals a former care residence engulfed in flames and smoke after a blaze broke out.

The hearth began in an empty constructing simply off Abbey Hey Lane in Gorton at round 9.30pm final night time (Sunday).

It’s understood that the constructing was St George’s, a former residential residence which has been boarded up and empty for quite a lot of years.

READ MORE: Lorry turns into engulfed in large flames after catching hearth on M61

Video footage taken final night time confirmed large flames coming from the roof of the constructing.

Smoke might be seen billowing out of the roof space and boarded-up home windows as crews labored to extinguish the blaze.

A spokesperson for the Better Manchester Hearth and Rescue Service stated as we speak that firefighters stay on the scene.

The scene of the fireplace on Abbey Hey Lane

They’re dampening down the remaining hotspots.

The reason for the fireplace just isn’t but recognized, although hearth investigation officers can be finishing up an investigation, the spokesperson added.

Crews from Ashton, Gorton, Philips Park and Whitehill stations have been despatched to the scene final night time.

The blaze broke out in a former care residence

Better Manchester Police stated that they have been knowledgeable of a ‘constructing hearth in a big derelict indifferent property’.

They added: “We are currently supporting GMFRS who are the lead agency dealing with this incident.”

READ MORE: Lady in hospital after large struggle breaks out at Irish World Heritage Centre on day of St Patrick’s celebrations

READ MORE: Boy dies after struggling ‘medical episode’ with police and CSI known as to accommodate

Learn extra of as we speak’s high tales right here.

Supply hyperlink

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.