Politics

Fire service issue update after two people rescued during Ashton takeaway blaze


Two individuals have been rescued after a blaze broke out at a takeaway in Tameside, the hearth service has stated. Round 35 firefighters have been known as to the scene on Smallshaw Lane, Ashton beneath Lyne on Saturday morning.

Because the Manchester Night Information reported, neighbours rushed to assist one another after smoke started billowing above the Chilli Pickle quick meals store. Residents have been woken to the sound of ‘frantic’ knocking and sirens after a blaze broke out at round 8am.

Close by resident Mark Lloyd advised how he he seen two individuals caught in a flat above the laundrette subsequent door to the take-away. He stated: “There was smoke going up after which it turned to flames. It gave the impression to be behind the constructing at first.

Learn extra: Police helicopter known as out as youths chased for miles – earlier than canine stopped them of their tracks

“We knocked on the neighbours’, then within the window above the laundrette two faces got here by the window. They could not get out from the place they have been as a result of the hearth gave the impression to be behind the constructing.”

Before crews arrived, neighbours had already started preparing to rescue the two people stuck in the flat – who first lowered their cat out of the window. The fire service say the blaze broke out in the roof space of the takeaway.



Two individuals have been rescued

Better Manchester Fire and Rescue Service group supervisor James Willmott stated: “I want to praise the quick work of our firefighters in bringing this incident under control. Their quick response and hard work today meant that we were able protect lives and stop the fire spreading as well as limiting damage to neighbouring properties.

“This incident is a reminder to all residents and companies in Better Manchester to just remember to have working smoke alarms in your property and that you’ve got an escape plan within the occasion of a hearth. Being ready might save your life at some point.

“I’d also like to take the opportunity to thank Greater Manchester Police and North West Ambulance Service for their support at this incident.”

Firefighters remained on scene for various hours to deal with any remaining sizzling spots.





Supply hyperlink

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

close