Investigation into Piccadilly Gardens knife attack continues as three arrested

Three folks have now been arrested in reference to a stabbing in Piccadilly Gardens. Three males – together with a 15-year-old boy – have been detained and have since been bailed after a younger man, aged in his 20s, was discovered with two stab wounds, together with to his decrease again following town centre assault.

A large police cordon was put in place after a ‘group dispute’ unfolded on Monday night time. The sufferer, who had turn out to be concerned within the ‘scuffle’, was taken to hospital from the scene. His accidents weren’t believed to be critical.

Better Manchester Police initially confirmed {that a} 21-year-old man was detained and arrested on suspicion of assault and affray.

READ MORE:Man raped in underpass close to lodge in Manchester metropolis centre – police have launched an e-fit

In an replace issued this morning (Wednesday), the drive mentioned two additional males had been arrested in reference to the incident. A 15-year-old boy and 22-year-old have been detained on suspicion of affray. Each have been bailed pending additional enquiries.

Officers cordoned off giant elements of Piccadilly Gardens

On the night time of the incident, there had reportedly been a dispute which then resulted within the younger man being stabbed. The Manchester Night Information understood that the knifeman made off on foot from the scene.

Police helicopters swooped low over town centre late into the night as they tried to find him. When requested, Better Manchester Police couldn’t affirm who was accountable for the precise stabbing, as thorough investigations stay ongoing.

A GMP spokesperson mentioned: “Three males, aged 15, 21 and 22, have all been arrested on suspicion of affray and bailed pending further enquiries.

“The investigation is on-going.”

The investigation is ongoing

After the incident at round 4.45pm on Monday, a bit of the gardens was taped off. The cordon remained in place late into the night. One eyewitness mentioned they noticed a ‘fast response’ with a number of officers and paramedics speeding to the scene and dispersing crowds. The police helicopter was additionally noticed hovering above.

The eyewitness mentioned: “It all happened so quickly. I just saw loads of police rushing people out of the area. It was horrific. I work nearby and me and my staff don’t feel safe.”

Manchester councillor Pat Karney mentioned the sufferer was knifed following a ‘dispute inside a gaggle’ and that the knifeman had ran throughout the size of the gardens as he shortly made away from the scene.

Coun Karney tweeted: “Big thanks to GMP for taking control of the situation. Gang argument and knife pulled.

“Not life threatening damage. We’ve got highly effective CCTV within the Gardens to apprehend these hooligans.”

Supply hyperlink

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.