At 8.10am more than 280,000 people were waiting to buy tickets for the gigs on Friday, September 9th and Saturday, September 10th.
Now, tickets are also on sale for a third date of Sunday, September 11th. That concert too looks like it is going to sell out as there are now 90,000 people waiting online to buy tickets.
Planning permission had already been given for the two concerts, but there is room for five in total.
The country singer’s five concerts at the venue in 2014 were cancelled because of objections from locals and a refusal by Dublin City Council to grant planning permission for the events.
Speaking at a press conference on Monday, Brooks played down the possibility of being able to sell five concerts out this time around.
Referring to the cancelled dates he said he hoped there would be a “blessing in that curse and now hopefully we have a chance to play Ireland”.
When asked would he like to do five shows again, he responded: “I’d like to, but I’d also like to be six foot five and have abs.
“You had 400,000 tickets in one city and one show. There’s no way we are going to do those numbers again. Would I like it? Yes. Is it going to happen? I think it would be impossible.”
Promoter Peter Aiken said he was “relieved and delighted” by the response to the concerts going on sale.
“He is bigger than he was the last time. There was 100,000 people logged on to Ticketmaster before the concerts went on sale.
“That’s underheard of even in the United States. You would normally expect 30,000 to 40,000 people in the queue for a big outdoor show.”
Ticketmaster is currently managing the system that it does not crash and is letting people in in tranches.
Mr Aiken said he should know by lunchtime whether or not five shows at Croke Park is feasible.